Monday, March 24, 2014
Inspired Knitting Ep: 02
Announcements: The Inspired Knitting podcast is now available on iTunes! We also have a new viewer group on Ravelry where you can introduce yourself and show off those lovely hand mades for us all to admire and adore :)
- Roger Sock By Anne Hanson: This has been an easy and fast knit. I am doing the medium size on US 1 1/2 2.50mm needles. Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock Mediumweight in the Rauen Fledge Colorway.
- Level Up Socks by Heather Kinne: For Gimmieyarn418's Sock A-Long. I am using US 2 2.75mm needles. Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Fingering in the Pearlscent colorway.
- Boxy Dishcloth by Michelle Krause: A simple but beautiful cloth… perfect for mindless knitting! I used US 7 4.5 mm Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in the Flamingo colorway.
- Duffers by Mindie Tallack: This was a super fast knit… they look amazing once felted! I used US 11 8.0 mm Yarn: Knit Picks Wool Of The Andes Bulky in the Crush colorway.
I didn't get that much spinning done this week except for some Canadian locks I picked up from the Fiber Garden here in Jordon, Ontario. I dyed up a 100g bag of locks and started spinning it up on the e-spinner. Its very much an artsy yarn… thick and thin. I wouldn't recommend spinning mohair locks if your a beginner at spinning like me. They draft apart somewhat easy but when spinning they tend to break a lot. Which is not ideal when your having to feed in one lock at a time! Still though I am bound and determined to finish them up… the rewarded yarn will make it all worth its while I'm sure :)
Etsy Shop Update will be Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:00pm EST.
- Gimmiyarn418's Sock A-Long:
- The Dyer's Notebook Spring 2014 DAL:
Thank you for watching!
Shownotes: Fo's: Bob Marley Inspired Slouch (Self Made Pattern) Work's In Progress: - Roger Sock's by Ann Hanson - H...
Shownotes Fo's: Denise Hat by Lisa Dean of Loops Of Love Serenity Hat by Heidi May Works In Progress: Ananke by Shannon Squi...
Shownotes: Fo's - Handspun Socks Learn To Knit Toe-Up Magic Loop Socks by Staci Perry - Vivid Baby Blanket Vivid by Tincankn...