Monday, March 24, 2014
Announcements: The Inspired Knitting podcast is now available on iTunes! We also have a new viewer group on Ravelry where you can introduce yourself and show off those lovely hand mades for us all to admire and adore :)
- Roger Sock By Anne Hanson: This has been an easy and fast knit. I am doing the medium size on US 1 1/2 2.50mm needles. Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock Mediumweight in the Rauen Fledge Colorway.
- Level Up Socks by Heather Kinne: For Gimmieyarn418's Sock A-Long. I am using US 2 2.75mm needles. Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal Fingering in the Pearlscent colorway.
- Boxy Dishcloth by Michelle Krause: A simple but beautiful cloth… perfect for mindless knitting! I used US 7 4.5 mm Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy Worsted in the Flamingo colorway.
- Duffers by Mindie Tallack: This was a super fast knit… they look amazing once felted! I used US 11 8.0 mm Yarn: Knit Picks Wool Of The Andes Bulky in the Crush colorway.
I didn't get that much spinning done this week except for some Canadian locks I picked up from the Fiber Garden here in Jordon, Ontario. I dyed up a 100g bag of locks and started spinning it up on the e-spinner. Its very much an artsy yarn… thick and thin. I wouldn't recommend spinning mohair locks if your a beginner at spinning like me. They draft apart somewhat easy but when spinning they tend to break a lot. Which is not ideal when your having to feed in one lock at a time! Still though I am bound and determined to finish them up… the rewarded yarn will make it all worth its while I'm sure :)
Etsy Shop Update will be Monday, March 24, 2014 at 1:00pm EST.
- Gimmiyarn418's Sock A-Long:
- The Dyer's Notebook Spring 2014 DAL:
Thank you for watching!
Sunday, March 16, 2014
Welcome to the very first episode of the Inspired Knitting Podcast!
Works In Progress: Zuzu's Petals by Carina Spencer
I am doing the worsted weight version of the cowl so I'v chosen to use Red Heart's Boutique Midnight in the Tropical colorway.
#2: Roger Sock by Ann Hanson
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight in the Rauen Fledge Colorway.
Finished Objects: Little Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith
Yarn: Knit Picks Brava Sport in the Sea Shell & Cornflower colorways.
#2: Simple Skype Socks by Adrienne Ku
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight in the Rare Gem Mill Ends colorway.
#3: Dazed Socks (Self Made Pattern)
Yarn: Madelinetosh 80/10/10 Fingering in the Holly Daze colorway.
The spinning bug as finally bit and I had to no choice but to give in and learn. After much thought and research I went with the Vesper E-Spinner by Heavenly Handmades… and I was not disappointed she spins like a dream!!
For my first spinning project I went with Knit Picks Wool Of The Andes Roving in the Sapphire Heather and Amethyst Heather colorways to spin up into a 2ply.
Hand-Dyes: I have also started onto the path of hand-dying yarn and roving. This has been by far the most fun and exciting journey yet! Here are some of the rovings and yarn I have created in the last couple of weeks.
If you are interested in buying any of these yarns or rovings you can find our Etsy link above at the right top of this page or if you would like a custom colorway created send us an e-mail and we will be happy to create something for you :)
Thats all for this week. Thank you for watching and supporting are channel. Be safe and stay blessed lovelys <3
Links: Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetComfortDesigns
Shownotes: Fo's: Bob Marley Inspired Slouch (Self Made Pattern) Work's In Progress: - Roger Sock's by Ann Hanson - H...